[IDD #NRM-968555]: LDM Server

Hi Reymer,

re:
> How are you? I hope that you be right!

I am well, thank you.  How about you?

re:
> Can you help me again, I need that you allow me to request data from
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu from this server:
>
> 163.178.110.222 poseidon.fisica.ucr.ac.cr

The problem is that both forward and reverse DNS do not exist
for this machine:

<on idd.unidata.ucar.edu>

[ldm@idd ~]$ nslookup poseidon.fisica.ucr.ac.cr
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   poseidon.fisica.ucr.ac.cr
Address: 163.178.110.222

[ldm@idd ~]$ nslookup 163.178.110.222
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find 222.110.178.163.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

The feed REQUESTs sent to upstream nodes contain the IP address
of the machine making the request (163.178.110.222 in your case).
This IP address needs to be translated into a fully-qualified
name, and it is that fully qualified name that will be used to
match ALLOWs in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.

Is there no way that you can work with your networking folks to
get both forward AND reverse DNS setup for poseidon.fisica.ucr.ac.cr?

Ticket ID: NRM-968555
Department: Support IDD