[IDD #XEM-791908]: LDM Server and GFS

Hi Reymer,

re:
> I hope that you be OK, I need a favor, can you give me access to
> another server running LDM, but not from the unidata.ucar.edu domain?

OK.

re:
> Right now I have a LDM running over Internet2, and it works!
>
> But we have a trouble with the connection over Internet1 through
> unidata.ucar.edu,  because some guys are making changes on the
> University firewall.
>
> Can you help please?

Yes, we can help.  Please provide again the fully qualified name and
IP address(es) of the machine(s) you want to be able to connect to
a different upstream server, and we will setup the appropriate ALLOW
for you to get the datastreams you need.  My first thought is to
set you up to feed from idd.cise-nsf.gov.  I may, however, ask a Unidata
site to add an ALLOW for your machine.

re:
> Another doubt, how I can get data from the Global Forecast System?

There is GFS data in the NGRID and CONDUIT data feeds.  Please be aware
that the CONDUIT datastream is _very_ high volume, and that volume is
dominated by the GFS model data (CONDUIT contains both 1 degree and 0.5
degree global GFS fields).  To get an idea of the volumes of the various
datastreams, do a Cumulative Volume Summary for any top level IDD relay
node.  For instance:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  IDD
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/

    Real-Time IDD statistics
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

      Statistics by Host
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

From the last page, click on the link for either idd.unidata.ucar.edu or
idd.cise-nsf.gov, and then click on the Cumulative Volume Summary on
the lower left.

re:
> Thanks again.

No worries.  We will do the necessary ALLOW configuration(s) as soon as
we get the fully qualified name/IP of the machine(s) you want to be
able to request data.

Ticket ID: XEM-791908
Department: Support IDD