[IDD #EKY-917805]: ntp server activated on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar

Hi Gustavo,

I was reviewing some LDM/IDD latency statistics a few minutes ago and
I saw that the clock on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar was not being maintained
properly -- it was off by over 1200 seconds, and was drifting.

I logged into the machine; became 'root'; and setup the ntpd daemon
to keep the machine's clock set.  Here is what I did:

ssh address@hidden
su -
ntpdate timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu         <- run this once to get the time
                                               set (otherwise ntpd will likely
                                               not converge on the correct time)
chkconfig --levels 345 ntpd on
/etc/init.d/ntpd start

I see by the IDS|DDPLUS latency plot that unidata's clock is now correct:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar

If for some reason you do not want the ntpd daemon running (I strongly
recommend that you keep it running!), you can turn it off:

<as 'root'>
/etc/init.d/ntpd stop
chkconfig --levels 345 ntpd off