[IDD #HIF-103254]: idd.unidata.ucar.edu is not responding

Hi Mike,

re:
> Well, data is flowing again, but I have no idea why. So, I guess you
> can disregard this message.

> At 03:29 PM 2/10/2010, Mike Voss wrote:
> >Hey guys, is idd.unidata.ucar.edu down?
> >
> >My feed cut off and I see:
> >rossby:~>ldmping idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> >Feb 10 23:19:15 INFO:      State    Elapsed
> >Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
> >Feb 10 23:19:25 ERROR:
> >SVC_UNAVAIL   9.995164    0   idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> >h_clnt_create(idd.unidata.ucar.edu): Timed out while creating connection
> >

> >Could be on my end also, I will check that possibility out.

The problem was on our (UCAR's) side.  Here is the notification we received
while the outage was fully in effect:

  From: address@hidden
  To: address@hidden
  To: address@hidden
  Subject: Re: [NNAG] [Notifier] FRGP/UPoP Network UNSCHEDULED OUTAGE on2/10/10

  NOTIFICATION UPDATE

  We believe that we have lost power to our equipment at the Level3 gateway. An
  engineer is en route to Denver. We do not have an ETA at this time.

We saw connectivity restored first via a commodity Internet connection, and then
via I2/NLR.  Given the length of the outage, it may take some time for the
latencies to drop down to expected levels.

Ticket ID: HIF-103254
Department: Support IDD