[IDD #RZG-559297]: LDM: host name changed

> Hi Jeff,

Hi Steve,

> It looks like the server got data for about three minutes and then it
> stopped coming in. This is pretty much the same as before.  Any ideas?

Not yet :)

> used the commands:
>
> ldmadmin stop
> ldmadmin clean
> ldmadmin delqueue
> ldmadmin mkqueue
> ldmadmin start
>
> Whenever I do the ldmadmin stop command (same as before) it just keeps
> giving me the message "Waiting for the LDM to terminate".

This is standard as it flushes all connections, but it ~should terminate all
processes on its own.

  Generally I
> have killed the rpc.ldmd commands by hand and then gone on to the other
> commands.

Again, these should die off with an "ldmadmin stop"

> I have just edited the ldmd.conf and added (finally! sorry!) -f ANY to the
> rtstats line. Also I commented out the NOGAPS request. Maybe it was
> hanging up on that....

Unlikely, please send us your ldmd.conf and pqact.conf files, we'll take a peek.

Please remind me again what OS are you running...Linux I believe, just not sure
of the version.

> Nope. It looks like it has done the same thing. Worked for a couple of
> minutes and then stopped. Usually the ldm processes have a significant
> load associated (probably file access) with them but now they don't.
>
> Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

> Steve Cousins, Ocean Modeling Group    Email: address@hidden
> Marine Sciences, 452 Aubert Hall       http://rocky.umeoce.maine.edu
> Univ. of Maine, Orono, ME 04469        Phone: (207) 581-4302

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support