[IDD #PLF-256397]: Pqact help

Hi Phil,

re:
> Of course, projects like these result in the domino effect.

:-)

> I have
> tried to do something similar with our NEXRAD imagery, and have hit a
> snag.  To test, the script, I ran it from the LDM and get the error:
>
> Xlib: connection to "twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu:0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> [GEMPLT -83]  NDISP - DISPLAY not set or invalid

The script you are running evidently needs to be able to connect to a
running X server.  This is a much different situation than the simple
script you sent in before.

> When I log into the LDM via Shell, I notice the Display variable is
> not set... but it shouldn't matter since it's set in the script,
> right? I've also tried localhost:0.0 and still have the same problem.
> Interestingly, when I log into shell in Gempak and then log into the
> LDM via su, it works.
>
> I have tried running the NEXRAD script as a gempak user from the shell
> and passing the command line variables as the LDM would and it works
> fine.

I think the best thing for this effort is to send in a new inquiry to
address@hidden  Steve Chiswell should be able to give
you ideas on how best to address your script(s) that require an X server
(I am not the GEMPAK support person).

> Thanks again for your help Tom,

No worries.  I will close this inquiry in the expectation that you will
open a new inquiry that is related to GEMPAK.

Ticket ID: PLF-256397
Department: Support IDD