[SCOOP #DVS-863493]: SCOOP topology, in question is in-house relay

> Thanks.
>
> On the relay server, sasquatch, when I set the request line as "request
> "^[DWS]" dc-ldm2...", and the allow line has "allow ".*" dc-ldm2..." I
> have seen some feedback
>
> Doing this simulation (not LDM testing), requires that I turn on or off
> allowing the request of just "^WANAF...-UFL" pattern from dc-ldm2 to
> sasquatch. This is not an everyday thing, but I wondered, if there
> another way to turn on and then off, the allow for this instance for the
> duration of just this simulation.
>
> Doing this:
>
> request   EXP   "^W"    dc-ldm2.tamu.edu
> allow      ANY  ^dc-ldm2\.tamu\.edu        ".*"      "^W.*TAM"
>
> would, at least, cut back on the "feedback" of regularly, locally
> generated files. Now that I think about it, that might be all we need.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Simple is probably the best solution. The other possibility that will work with
pqinsert
(but not ldmsend) is to use the -p option to supply the name, if your aren't
already,
and instead of just using a file name, add an additional string at the end such
as
-p 'filename TEST'

Then, all your patters that root on the file file name would still work, unless
you
are explicitly using the '$' terminator of a pattern. Then you could do the
"not allow" of "TEST$" and not have to reconfigure your LDM when you want to
run a test, and still use the EXP feedtype and normal pattern processing.

Elsewise, you could test using SPARE as the feedtype.

Just throwing out possibilities, many solutions....

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support