[IDD #NBC-258347]: GOES-10 data not coming across

Hi Curtis,

re:
> For some reason, I am only able to get GOES-11 and GOES-12 data, but
> not GOES-10.

When GOES-10 was decommissioned as GOES-West and replaced by GOES-11, it
began an eastward journey heading for 60W longitude.  When it gets on
station, it will once again resume scanning activities, but it will be
dedicated to coverage of South America.  Unidata is working on installing
a direct downlink for GOES-10 so we can provide enhanced South American
coverage to the community.  When we have this capability ready, we will
announce it to the community.

> Below are the request lines in my ldmd.conf file. Do you know
> why GOES-10 is not coming across? It is possible that pqact is inadvertently
> naming GOES-10 as GOES-11.
>
> request NNEXRAD "/p...(FSX|ESX|IWA|ICX|EMX)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request FNEXRAD ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request HDS "/m(NAM|GFS|SSIGFS)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request NIMAGE "GOES-10/.*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request WMO-HDS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request UNIWISC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

There is no problem with your ldmd.conf request lines.  There is simply no data
flowing from GOES-10 at the moment.

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: NBC-258347