[IDD #DBF-760900]: How to join the IDD network?

Hi Laurie,

If c1.xdc.arm.gov is going to be ingesting the same datasets as:

xert.xdc.arm.gov

You can feed yourself :)...this is the beauty of the IDD/LDM.

It can be a hard hit for your network to duplicate your ingest of the feeds to
two machines.

Even if c1.xdc.arm.gov is not co-located with you, you can still feed the
machine with the assumption you are both desirous of the same data...or at
least they want a subset of what you are ingesting.

You would place an allow for c1.xdc.arm.gov in your ldmd.conf, and they would
request from you.

Please feel free to also have:

idd.cise-nsf.gov

as a failover site. The allows for your machine(s) are in place on that machine.

Great to hear the IDD/LDM has been a positive experience for your data
transfers.

Cheers,

Jeff Weber

Jeff Weber