20021121:Unidata products and services

Hello Alex,

In regard to your question:

2. Can we use the data and software from Unidata site?
The easy way for the cooperation, as I understand, is  to become a
member of UCAR. I discussed with Alex Ushakov the problem of initial
and renewal fee for the our Institute and he promised to clear this
problem. I try to fomulate the additional questions later.

First, it is not required that you are a member of UCAR to participate in
the Unidata community, but it certainly could offer some benefits.

Secondly, we would enjoy working with you to begin getting our data and
applying our applications for analysis and visulaization. There is no cost
for this service.

This letter is intended to open discussions with your institute on the
possibility of becoming a top level relay node for Russian universities
and research institutes that would like to participate in the Unidata IDD.
What I have in mind is creating an IDD-Russia where your institute could
play a significant role.

This may be more than you desire, but as we reach out to other countries,
we look for a single, or a few, key players to then work with the
community within their country to help share and transfer data.

Doing some investigating, it appears as if you are associated with the
Institute of Atmospheric Optics who seem to be doing some very exciting
work. If this is not accurate could you please inform me of your
institute. It would also be a great help if you could inform me of what
data products you are hoping to receive. For a list of our data streams
please visit:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/feedtypes/index.html

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the data
streams, or anything else..and it is wise to direct all e-mails to
address@hidden in case any individual is out of the office, you
will still get a prompt response. Please keep in mind that this data is to
be used solely for research and education. I look forward to working with
you in hopes of creating a productive partnership for your science and
community.

Best regards,

-Jeff
                                              FX:303-497-8690