20021015: 20021015: Data falling behind on thelma...

Art,

On closer inspection, the graphs weren't updating this morning due
to an unrelated change on one of our machines here. Today
is julian 288. The 1200 second jump was just before 0Z last night.
The graphs are now updating. For comparison, you can see
marzipan.atmos.washington.edu
feeds NMC2 from thelma and is doing OK, and sunny.atmos.washington.edu
is feeding the HDS, NNEXRAD etc from thelma. Again looks OK.

You NNEXRAD feed from SSEC still shows similarly poor perfomance as
your feeds to Thelma. Your NEXRD2 via ou.edu looks the same as what we see here
on thelma. So, it appears that your traffic out to certain hosts is affected
more
than others.

I tried running traceroutes and ldmping from my side to ldm.meteo.psu.edu
and got long timeouts at first, then later was able to get through.
It would appear that the proplem lies in your network. Many campus
IT departments are playing with traffic controls, so you might ask if
they are throttling throughput.

Steve Chiswell