Re: request for data (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:55:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Wayne Gibson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: request for data

Robb,

I've been away from the office so sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm not sure about adding another machine to the load on "ocs".  We will be
expanding our services for delivery of digital data over the web and expect
this
to take a big CPU hit.  We also use "ocs" for model runs related to several
research grants.  I'm reticent to add additional load on top of what we will
need in the next 6 months.  In addition, the college system administrator has
indicated we are using close to 50% of the bandwidth on the network already.

However, it does make sense that we feed UO since they are so close.  Is there
any way that "chinook.phsx.ukans.edu" can receive their feed from a closer
upstream host in exchange for UO?

Wayne Gibson