Re: McIDAS data question...

Dave,

Yes, it has stopped comming in here too.
We will notify SSEC as to the lack of the MDR product AREA020x
being injected into the MCIDAS idd datastream.

FYI...,
I created a gempak program to plot the RCM (Radar Coded Message)
bulletins carried on NOAAport. Information on gprcm and current plots
are shown at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/examples/gprcm/

The RCM message data have a better resolution than the MDR AREAfile product.
You can also overlay the data on satellite images (or annotate NIDS images).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support