19990820: We are having problems again... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:59:02 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 19990820:  We are having problems again...

>To: address@hidden
>From: McIDAS <address@hidden>
>Subject: We are having problems again...

As of last Tuesday we have not been getting any Satellite feeds from any
of our feed servers. I wasn't aware of the problem until yesterday when
I tried connecting to our secondary server, however the ldmd.log file
keeps showing the "Aug 19 05:03:40 3Q:breeze aqua[728]:
FEEDME(aqua.atmos.uah.edu): 7: Access denied by remote server" error
with our old server and "Aug 20 00:00:14 3Q:breeze pluto[3895]:
FEEDME(pluto.met.fsu.edu): 7: Access denied by remote server" from the
backup server you guys recently set up.  To top it all off, today we've
lost out NLDN feeds as well (latest feed dates 99231) and it too is
plagued by the same problem: "Aug 20 00:00:46 3Q:breeze striker[3907]:
FEEDME(striker.atmos.albany.edu): 7: Access denied by remote server"
we'd been havign serious connection problems with our T1, which
constantly keeps falling off to the backup gateway.  I thought that was
the problem originally, but even when the connections are good, we still
don't get anything. All radar images are OK, for the time being.  Thanks
in advance.

Karli Lopez

Amos Winter                                  address@hidden
Director
Puerto Rico Climatology Center
P.O. Box 9013
Department of Marine Sciences                  phone: (787) 265-5416
University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez             fax: (787) 265-2195
Mayaguez, PR 00681-9013