From: Linda Miller <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
cc: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:23:57 -0600
Subject: 19990614: ACARS Data Available
Sender: address@hidden

All,

ACARS (Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System) data
are now available for research and educational uses to the Unidata
university community from NOAA's Forecast Systems Laboratory (FSL)
using point-to-point LDM technology.

These data can be useful in a multitude of applications including
modeling, aviation and weather research, and training purposes.  In
return for the data, participating airlines are hoping to gain
additional information on the use of the data through scientific papers
presented at symposia such as the AMS and AGU annual meetings, etc.

For detailed information on the data sets, how to obtain the data, and
the restrictions on their use, please refer to the FSL ACARS web page:

http://acweb.fsl.noaa.gov/FAQ.html

Please contact Unidata support (address@hidden) for
information on decoders for use of ACARS with Unidata-supplied
application packages.

Linda Miller
External Liaison, Unidata
P.O. Box 3000