Re: Two questions...

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> I have two questions. First, is UIUC's data feed or upstream site up? The
> machine is up, and so is the LDM (I can connect), but I'm not getting
> any data from them.

Hiya,

UIUC gets it's data from thelma, main IDD source and it's up and
distributing data fine.  One can check IDD status on Web page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/iddgeneral.html#status

The details of the topology and data feeds and latencies are available.

> Second, I am trying to send weather warnings to my pager, but I get a lot
> of garbled and weird characters where there are spaces and carriage
> returns. I'm running Linux Redhat 5.2. Any suggestions to get rid of those
> characters?

There's a -strip flag to eliminate control chars from products, ie

WMO     ^CSUS02 KRAP ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    -overwrite -strip /fore/data/gempak/climo

Robb...