Re: 19990511: Conduit AVN data feed

On Fri, 14 May 1999, William Smith wrote:

> Steve,
>

> > I verified that you are receiving this mornings AVN data.
>
> Thank you for your help, and Rob too.
>
> Here's the latest and some more questions.
>

> I was able to get the 00Z and the 12Z AVN data.  I might have
> had it the nite before, but there was a problem with the crontabs
> using HST and the ldm user seeing everything in GMT.  That meant
> the scour and other crontabs ran 10 hours different than what I
> expected.  They're all synced up now.
>
> I used the watch command and saw the last of the 12Z run come
> in this morning.
>
> Leading to a question: the dostats is set to run at XXhour:35.
> I assume it does so, but don't know how to check it.  It doesn't
> seem to remove any of the .stats files from the data/logs directory.
> Is that supposed to happen automagically?  If not when do people
> usually remove them?  If so how do I set that up?

William,

Try running ldmamin dostats from he command line, ie

% ldmadmin dostats

Check for error messages and a file called logs/ldmbinstats.upc .  The
*upc file is usually mailed to upc for stats processing.  Yes, the dostats
command does delete the *stats files but leaves the last 24 intact.

> I've been running some checks using RUC data in small amounts
> for a specific data type and only the F06 forecast hour.  Since
> that comes in more frequently and in small doses I've used it to
> discover more about how this all works.  It's very impressive.
>
> One of the things I'm trying to do is figure out when the data
> for a run has all been received.  I've tried to sync on the
> .status. record but without success.
>
> This is the last two records from the 12Z AVN run this morning:
>
> May 14 17:27:54 pqutil:     8228 19990514162822.294    NMC2 256
> /u/ftp/gateway/ncepb/avn/avn.990514/gblav.T12Z.PGrbF84
> !grib/ncep/SPEC_126_AVN/
> #003/199905141200/F084/LAND/sfc! 000256
>
> May 14 17:27:54 pqutil:      109 19990514162822.801    NMC2 280
> .status./u/ftp/gateway/ncepb/avn/avn.990514/gblav.T12Z.PGrbF84 000280
>
> The .status. record was the last thing in.  Here's what I tried to do
> using the pqact.conf file.
>
>       NMC2    avn/avn.(......)/gblav.T00Z
>               FILE    data/avn/19\1\2.grib
>       NMC2    \.status\..*avn/avn.(......)/gblav.T00Z
>               EXEC    echo 19\1\2 > data/currentdate

This is a little confusing, the \1 refers to the first set of () and the
\2 refers to the second set in your pqact entry.  Since you eliminated the
second set of ()'s, nothing will appear in that place holder. Changing
your pqact entry:

>       NMC2    \.status\..*avn/avn.(......)/gblav.T00Z
>               EXEC    echo 19\100 > data/currentdate

Will  insert  1999051400 in data/currentdate for product:

.status./u/ftp/gateway/ncepb/avn/avn.990514/gblav.T00Z.PGrbF84
                                    (......)

Likewise your FILE action needs to be corrected. I understand you are
keying on a certain product at a certain time.

Also both pqact entries will be executed, sequentially from the pqact
file.

Robb...