[Support #ENJ-388618]: garp crashing on 64-bit

Bryan,

I recently found this email you sent to gempak@unidata rather than
support-gempak@unidata.

The behavior you mention below was due to a size mismatch in passing a time_t
to an integer variable (which is a different size in 64 bit).  I modified this
so that the routine correctly uses time_t with the 5.9.4 distribution.
Basically,
the clock in the lowwer left corner of Garp could crash or have junk in it, and
eventually crash.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Gempak Version:  5.9.2 and 5.9.3
> OS Version:  RHEL 4, 64-bit.
> Self compiled gempak.
>
> 64-bit Garp will crash when doing either the "model cross section", "model
> vertical profile" or "model time height" buttons.  Running on 32-bit
> computers, garp does not crash.
>
> Using the same Garp_defaults, dataype.tbl and mod_res.tbl for both 64-bit
> and 32-bit versions.
>
> Running 'strace' while garp crashes gives out:
>
> gettimeofday({1155164821, 129186}, NULL) = 0

Ticket ID: ENJ-388618
Department: Support GEMPAK