[Datastream #HUL-236448]: Decoded Surface Synoptic NetCDF File Source?

Greetings,

> Thanks for your response.
> We have been using these specific NetCDF files at [
> https://motherlode.ucar.edu/decoded/netcdf/surface/synoptic/ |
> https://motherlode.ucar.edu/decoded/netcdf/surface/synoptic/ ] for over 14
> years.
> We have been ingesting typically on the order of 23,000 direct observations
> from these files as point data.
>
> I think that our use of Synoptic Surface observations may be slightly
> redundant to augment Integrated Surface Hourly and Global Summary
> observations.

Wow, that's a long time!

I wanted to let you know that we had some luck and were able to restore these
products.  They've only just started building as of a few hours ago so it'll be
a little bit before we see complete data sets there again.  But these should be
in the same format as they were before.  Please let me know if you run into any
issues with this data or if there is something substantially different than
before.

We were able to get the old netCDF-Perl decoder working again, though it's
worth mentioning it's still unsupported.  We lucked out this time, but for all
we know it could break again down the road.  As we were discussing our options
we would like to start making these netCDF files a different way, but it could
be a while before we have the development time to approach that.  If you notice
a problem with these products in the future please let us know, but for now
they are offered more or less as-is.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
-Mike

Ticket ID: HUL-236448
Department: Support Datastream