[Datastream #TDD-279122]: Brightness temp for GOES-16?

Hi Gerry,

Sorry for the slow reply...

re:
> If you've any insight into where these might be in LDM, could you give
> me a clue? The L2ProdLink.sh script doesn't seem to mention these.

I'm a bit confused by your request mainly because every IR image in
the GRB and NOAAPort has calibration that allows the "counts" to be
interpreted as brightness temperatures (Tb).  None of the L2 products
that are coming across NOAAPort appear to be what I _think_ you want.

Here is the list of L2 products we are seeing in NOAAPort:

Aerosol Detection Products in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Aerosol Optical Depth Product in CONUS and Full Disk coverages
Cloud Mask Product in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Cloud Optical Depth Product in CONUS and Full Disk coverages
Cloud Particle Size Product in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Cloud Top Height Product in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Cloud Top Phase Product in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Cloud Top Pressure Product in CONUS and Full Disk coverages
Cloud Top Temperature Product in Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Derived Stability Indices Products in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Derived Wind Motion Product in Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Fire Hot Spot Products in CONUS and Full Disk coverages
Land Surface Temperature Product in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Legacy Vertical Moisture Profile Product in CONUS coverage
Legacy Vertical Temperature Profile in CONUS coverage
Rain Rate QPE in Full Disk coverage
Sea Surface Temperature in Full Disk coverage
Total Precipitable Water in CONUS, Full Disk and Mesoscale coverages
Volcanic Ash Detection in Full Disk coverage

re:
> We're trying to assimilate these data for our severe weather forecasting.

I think that you want to get the IR images delivered in the GRB (and relayed
by us in the SATELLITE aka DIFAX IDD feed), and use their internal calibrations
to get brightness temperatures.

Ticket ID: TDD-279122
Department: Support Datastream