[AWIPS #LJS-519939]: AWIPS Functionality and Imaging Glitch

Hi there,

> P.S. I am having a very difficult time sending e-mail to this address. It is
> taking multiple
> attempts to send this as I'm getting failed delivery attempts notification
> when messaging the
> support-awips address as it says my message is flagged as spam. Is this
> something on UCAR's end?

Also, I asked my system admins about this, and this is what they had to say:

. Unfortunately, they're using Microsoft for email services, like we use
Google, and there are a
. fair number of Microsoft servers classified as spam sources.  These things
seem to come and go in
. waves.

. Since his email is coming from Microsoft, postfix block lists are using the
reputation of the IP
. address, and not the domain name.  As he has observed, some of his email is
blocked, and some is
. delivered depending on which Microsoft server is doing the delivery.

I asked if there's anything your IT/admins could possibly do, and he had this
to say:

. The easiest might be for the user to use their personal or non-Microsoft
based email delivery.
. It's a bit of a catch-22 since the Microsoft servers delivering email for KU
likely serve other
. customers, and generate a poor spam reputation from their activities.  KU
could complain to
. Microsoft and see if they have any traction.

Sorry it has been acting up and isn't working the greatest.  You could possibly
try asking your
IT to complain to Microsoft, I believe we've had one other University to do
that in the past and
have some success?

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LJS-519939
Department: Support AWIPS