[AWIPS #LJS-519939]: AWIPS Functionality and Imaging Glitch

> Hi Tiffany,
>
> Good eye on the linear vs. logarithmic plots. I hadn't noticed that but
> you're right. Wind speed, temperature, RH, etc. all are fine when using a
> linear scale. It's the logarithmic ones that aren't right. I uploaded some
> new screenshots using Precipitable Water, which is plotted on a log scale by
> default. I can get things to look right by changing the slider for the
> minimum value on the color table range. The ones with min values of 0.009 and
> 0.013 aren't right, 0.043 is what you'd expect, and 0.105 is back to broken.
> At least this gives me some temporary workaround when using it in class later
> this week.
>
> Here's my other responses to your latest requests:
>
> python --version: Python 2.7.13
> which python: /awips2/python/bin/python
>
> The graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro K600. I believe my IT person said
> yesterday that he hadn't enabled any GPUs yet (CPU only), though hardware
> stuff is a bit beyond my paygrade (I just play a sys admin on TV).
>
> I have created a tarball of the caveData folder in my home directory. It is
> now on the Drive.
>
> I am sitting down at the Linux machine and there's no other remote
> operations/forwarding. The machines only run Linux so I don't have the option
> to do a VM install on a Windows OS for this device. I can ask my IT support
> about trying other installs although I lack root access to do it myself.
>
> Best,

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response!

Okay, couple things. I noticed that you are connecting CAVE via IPV6. Typically
we've only seen this on Windows machines, but is it possible to use IPV4?
Something you could possibly as IT about?

Another thing, is the graphics card is pretty important with CAVE - so I would
suggest enabling the GPU's and retesting.

For the Linux VM - while I think our instructions are just for Windows, that
same image can also be installed directly on linux/Redhat OS as well.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: LJS-519939
Department: Support AWIPS