[AWIPS #HFV-154854]: EDEX Kubernetes deployment

Hi John

> There is a broken link to "Distributed EDEX, Installing Across Multiple
> Machines" on http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-edex/

Thank you for pointing this out.  We have fixed the link now. It should have
linked to: http://unidata.github.io/awips2/edex/distributed-computing/

> Kubernetes would allow us to deploy EDEX services on multiple of machines
> in containers.
> Creating a Helm chart would allow others to deploy EDEX instances in public
> or private clouds like the PRP/NRP https://pacificresearchplatform.org/ (
> where i want to deploy :)

It is currently possible to deploy EDEX on multiple machines right now (our
production edex actually runs on three machines, currently).  We've had troubles
with containerizing EDEX because of all the networking and traffic that needs
to happen through the containers.  Are you thinking Kubernetes would just
reduce the amount of time it takes to setup EDEX? Is that the main advantage?
Thanks for explaining.  We are interested in ways to make EDEX more accessible
and usable for our community.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: HFV-154854
Department: Support AWIPS