[AWIPS #DXF-875745]: AWIPS Issues and Suggestions

Hi Tom,

> Everything is working now! Is it just me or is the data loading faster with
> the upgrade?

I don't think we changed anything that should affect the speeds, but that's
great if you're
having a good connection and download speeds.

> For future upgrades: In the Frame count selection menu if this were a user
> selectable
> field it would allow one to look at a complete suite of GFS/NAM etc model
> output.  In the
> current configuration you can only view the GFS out to 210 hours because the
> frame count
> limit is set at 50 and there are 55 frames required to view the full 240 hour
> model output.

Just to clarify, do you want to be able to specify exactly 55 frames?  Because
you can request
more than 50 frames, 100 would be the next option.

We actually just updated our menu item for GFS, so now if close CAVE, clear
caveData (see here
for how to do that:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#removing-cavedata)
and restart CAVE.  When you load GFS, it should load 55 frames (without you
needing to modify
the frames manually at all).

Please let me know if you can see that now, and if you can clarify my question.
 Thanks!

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: DXF-875745
Department: Support AWIPS