[AWIPS #QVU-800771]: How to dump our 10 days database before update?

> Dear Shay and Tiffany,
>

> I just got your newsletter about the new cave and EDEX release.
>
> Thank you for all the work you do to keep up with changes.
>
> I am planning  to start updating right away if the professors give their
> consent.
>
> Last time you mentioned that I could potentially 'dump' the database to
> keep the 10 days running archive we have.
>
> Would you, please, teach me how to do that?

Hello,

So I've reached out to a few contacts regarding "dumping" the database. This
isn't something we've ever done and are not sure exactly how to do it.
Especially with 10 days worth of data - that can be some very large database
files, as well as the hdf5 files.

We will get back to you once we hear something.

Question - since it is the summer, and potentially no classes/labs are going
on, would it be okay to clear the archive with a new install?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: QVU-800771
Department: Support AWIPS