[AWIPS #CBR-963818]: Issue with IR/VIS Sandwich GOES Imagery Loading

Hi there,

> So here’s how today went Thankfully I only use the Centos machine for AWIPS2
> so
> after numerous tries this morning, I gave up and wiped it out and installed
> fresh. I
> couldn’t get the NVIDIA to install and the error messages were no help. For
> the fresh
> install, I updated all files, then installed AWIPS, then did the NVIDIA
> thing.I could not
> for the life of me get it to ignore the nouveau driver even using NVIDIA’s
> step by step.
> One site had two extra commands, and that worked.
> https://www.advancedclustering.com/act_kb/installing-nvidia-drivers-rhel-centos-7/
>
> I now see winds, METARs, and sandwich satellite!

Glad to hear you've got CAVE working!  That sounds like quite the process.

> The only issue I have now is that yum no longer works. ‘which python’ gives
> me
> /awips2/python/bin/python so I’m guessing that’s somehow interfering with yum
> since I
> get: [gempak@awips2 ~]$ yumThere was a problem importing one of the Python
> modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:�   No module
> named yum
> Please install a package which provides this module, or verify that the
> module is
> installed correctly. It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
> current
> version of Python, which is:2.7.13 (default, Jul 12 2021, 19:42:57)
>[GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28)] Any thoughts on getting that back?
>Again this
> was a straight fresh install so I did no special configuring of anything
> (yet)

If you switch to the root user, then are you able to run yum?
I believe that's how we have to run yum on some of our systems.

Does that work for you?
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CBR-963818
Department: Support AWIPS