[AWIPS #XBA-470351]: Help with AWIPS EDEX data server

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, hopefully we can help you with this.

> Hi:
>
> I installed my AWIPS workstation as prescribed by UNIDATA.
>
> My interest is plotting soundings from NUCAPS data.  Up until May,
> I was able to access the NPP NUCAPS data stream.  Then the data feed
> went off-line. Now I am trying to set up my workstation with individual
> NUCAPS files in netCDF format.
>
> My CAVE version: EMF Common: V2.120v20160420-0247
>
> As prescribed by my STAR JPSS staff, I placed the NUCAPS-formatted data
> files in:
>
> /awips2/edex/data/manual

This is the right place to put it, so you're off to the right start.
But, it's possible that the file is still not recognized by the EDEX
processing scripts. Either a new xml definition might need to be created,
or possibly the file might need to be renamed.
Could you provide us with a file to test with? And also could you take
a look in the log found under:
/awips2/edex/logs/edex-ingest-unrecognized-files-[date].log
If there is anything written to that log, it could be useful for us as well.

Hopefully we can help you get up and running quickly.
Thanks.

Ticket ID: XBA-470351
Department: Support AWIPS