[AWIPS #XBA-470351]: Help with AWIPS EDEX data server

> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for reaching out, hopefully we can help you with this.
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I installed my AWIPS workstation as prescribed by UNIDATA.
> >
> > My interest is plotting soundings from NUCAPS data.  Up until May,
> > I was able to access the NPP NUCAPS data stream.  Then the data feed
> > went off-line. Now I am trying to set up my workstation with individual
> > NUCAPS files in netCDF format.
> >
> > My CAVE version: EMF Common: V2.120v20160420-0247
> >
> > As prescribed by my STAR JPSS staff, I placed the NUCAPS-formatted data
> > files in:
> >
> > /awips2/edex/data/manual
>
> This is the right place to put it, so you're off to the right start.
> But, it's possible that the file is still not recognized by the EDEX
> processing scripts. Either a new xml definition might need to be created,
> or possibly the file might need to be renamed.

After looking around a little bit, I did find that there is already an xml
file defined for NUCAPS data, which makes sense since you said it used to
work coming directly from a feed.
If you try renaming your files to begin with:
IUTN0[0-9] KNES[whatever the rest of your filename is]
This means it starts with: "IUTN0" and then any number 0-9, space, "KNES".
Then it's possible that EDEX might just recognize it and everything should work.
Note, there is a space between the number 0-9 and "KNES".
Please try this and let us know if this solves the problem.
Thanks!
--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata