[AWIPS #XKN-445966]: Cannot Go Full-Screen With Maps

Hi,

re:
> I downloaded AWIPS’ CAVE client to my computer, and when I try to view the
> maps, it seems
> that it is only showing ¼ of the whole screen (see screenshot). I cannot find
> a way to
> adjust it for full-screen functionality.

Some questions:

- what operating system is your computer running (please be specific)?

- are you trying to display to a high resolution (e.g., UHD/4K) display?

We have seen other Java applications not be able to significantly increase
their screen size when running under Windows 10 on machines that have high
resolution displays.  If your environment is the same, then the problem is
likely that Java is not correctly letting Windows know that the window
size can be increased.

The following URL might be of help if you are running CAVE under Windows
10 on a UHD display:

https://superuser.com/questions/988379/how-do-i-run-java-apps-upscaled-on-a-high-dpi-display

re:
> Any help would be appreciated.

Please let us know if the information in the link above helped you.

Ticket ID: XKN-445966
Department: Support AWIPS