Re: [wcsplus] asynchronous response

NOTE: The wcsplus mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi Dominic,

Dominic Lowe wrote:
Yes, just to clarify I meant false and serverdecide together didn't make sense. i.e as a server you can't say "I don't support storage" and then say "I'm going to decide whether to or not to store the data".

My take is that the parameters directly indicate what the client can ask which is not always an exact mapping to server capabilities. So, rather than your server statements above, I interpret false and serverdecide as "you can ask me not to store the data" or "you can let me decide". Which to me is similar to the allowAsync boolean parameter I first suggested.

Ethan

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690

  • Search the wcsplus archives: