Re: [ldm-users] Weather.admin.niu.edu down...and looking for ideas.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Gerry Creager wrote:

Tarballs are your friend, and there are a couple of other repositories
that you can use that have a bunch of the precompiled extras.

Tarballs are always my friend, but I just want to make sure they are available.

I tend to single-purpose my LDM/Gempak systems, so I don't ever have to
stream audio:-)

If the load is less than 1, it's unproductive! ;-)

I was just told that the OS has problems with that hard drive at 3
GB/sec and that I should jumper it down to 1.5 GB/sec. Hmmm...

Fiber channel or SAS?

Not familiar with hard drive nomenclature, all I know is that I need a two-pront jumper to cover 2 of the 4 prongs there to accomplish this task. BTW, I should backtrack a little and say that the OS probably has problems with that hard drive...tomorrow, I'll find out. I am intentionally going to let the computer run full blast tonight and let it crash. I turned on the SMART daemon in the BIOS and on the OS to see if I can get a better idea on what is happening here.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: