[idvusers] Time animation of point data - accumulating

  • Subject: [idvusers] Time animation of point data - accumulating
  • From: Stuart Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:09:09 -0700
Don,

A time animation mode useful in geophysics is accumulating by time, where as each new time value appears all the preceding ones persist. This is used in earthquake hypocenter plots to show fault break progress along a fault, and it is much like the accumulating plot of weather radar storm total precipitation. It's really the same thing, only for point data.

Stu

We are in the process of reworking how we handle the text
point data in the IDV to make it more robust.  Suggestions on
improvements from the community are welcome.

Don

Stuart Wier

UNAVCO  6350 Nautilus Drive  Boulder, CO 80301  (303) 381-7500 x 450

The GEON IDV  http://geon.unavco.org
For 4D exploration and display of your geophysics data

The UNAVCO WInSAR Archive  http://winsar.unavco.org