[gembud] Gempak to web question

  • To: "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gembud] Gempak to web question
  • From: "Perry, Justin B" <Justin_Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:10:12 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1;spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=student.uml.edu;dmarc=pass action=none header.from=student.uml.edu; dkim=pass header.d=student.uml.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=O+5eQ7uwkxWTd4DhDiiEQzPkEk/Ed/9TwS/P2/Nze3w=; b=fGK8O4lw6lVBH612dpl9FHj+TCRvfuY1NuXSBujsNXf+UzjiOpZWEpaJRka1njsqwsgfGwBptg6lrNvoGMVNvkFzGGecbfwN32fRuayb0PTThYTxdIXjiqXFwtm4lz/acp4UhReG82ZGv54ZH3S2QklWqkc4wVORE+pW6UNQ9B27h4ekvH7nvKK9++Kp2HvN7DRDcqhNZdoJzaWPFAMdsujkTC4Y5qMkuPdLxQ5yHwz8yOGlW9yTp2TylJqnjo5He+riXGRGXfdOx/GjHisXyLQDVT6aoGSPa7WE3cupkKda/EC6RjWd2cyGlDo4bCqx7hjEPOC0NNBhdPS15+xRzw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=IICCj+I648go0o+aVGGA5VeypcofGOC2HbSh1oOy5zm0nOEFDAEssNE7CsfgWz7fOQzae/ozrd9g4ZtvdMEH3QywmBgG0YiDaVGB7vsrwPZ2JRczJyTqF6boNAjgxtxbzx8vmfAF+95K/AT8kuxceQNogixmh4BxsrvVm5nlFfuEaHmtJPszQIX6WXi2nw8w1JRDvPUuJcgG8ABRvc9PqTsiaH+xYrY19CejTI+Lo5ovDppCDtGy/K0VazkCljRoWrv3vZNIfByUp1e3jBeAiCvxfeFcx7AQyeG0xGG16qkaCPHuXZDs01uaKr6dWyzFYlGo2yf9e2+CDlbuN8FyDw==
Hello all,

I'm new to the community and have only been using GEMPAK for about a year so my
understanding of these concepts that I'm about to ask about, I admit, is pretty
limited. So forgive me for a couple of rookie questions!

I've done a fair amount of investigation into developing/running GEMPAK scripts
and I feel comfortable with that.  However, I am not sure what the best way to
get GEMPAK images to automatically be created and then uploaded to my website
would be

My understanding is that the process could go like this

  1.  Set up the image that I want to be created by a script which runs
automatically via cronjob
  2.  Save the image on my computer
  3.  Have my computer upload that to my server via SCP...automatically via
cronjob as well

Does this sound reasonable or is there some time of "best practice" approach
that would suite me better?

The other question that I have...

I'm not too familiar with changing LDM pattern action to have nexrad images
automatically created like you see in these examples:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/nexrcomp/
and at the top of this page:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/

Any advice on how I can make those things happen on my website as well?  Or
even just on my computer so that I can upload in a similar fashion to the steps
that I described above?

Thank you  so very much for any assistance that you may offer!

Sincerely,

Justin Perry