From: Mike Zuranski <zuranski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 15:26
To: JACOB WIESE
Cc: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gembud] Invalid device selected

Hi Jacob,

I'd be curious about a couple of things.  A quick test, try "gif|..." instead
of "gf|..." just to see if that device works. It'll still output a gif but uses
a slightly different back-end.  I know you're originally asking about TIFFs,
but just for the sake of troubleshooting.

Do you have any x-window displays available?  I'm using Xvfb to have X11
displays available in memory.  Which one gets used is determined by Pete's
export/setenv display command.  For example, my command for that looks like
"setenv DISPLAY :9" where 9 is the port number of the Xvfb process.  "ps ax |
grep Xvfb | grep -v grep" will show you if you have any running and what their
port numbers are.

Do any other gempak programs work, or do they fail in the same way?

-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Meteorology Support Analyst
College of DuPage - Nexlab
Weather.cod.edu<http://Weather.cod.edu>

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 3:11 PM JACOB WIESE