Re: [gembud] Invalid device selected

Hi Jacob,

I'd be curious about a couple of things.  A quick test, try "gif|..."
instead of "gf|..." just to see if that device works. It'll still output a
gif but uses a slightly different back-end.  I know you're originally
asking about TIFFs, but just for the sake of troubleshooting.

Do you have any x-window displays available?  I'm using Xvfb to have X11
displays available in memory.  Which one gets used is determined by Pete's
export/setenv display command.  For example, my command for that looks like
"setenv DISPLAY :9" where 9 is the port number of the Xvfb process.  "ps ax
| grep Xvfb | grep -v grep" will show you if you have any running and what
their port numbers are.

Do any other gempak programs work, or do they fail in the same way?

-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Meteorology Support Analyst
College of DuPage - Nexlab