Re: [conduit] NAM and RAP data (for model initiation)

Geoff

Actually, I've been getting both the bgrb and pgrb files, and,
together, we can run WPS. We are also performing hourly assimilation
and cycling after the init, but that's another process.

For the record, we're also looking at using the ESRL RAP, which is
also not available by LDM.

One of my reasons for requesting the data via LDM is in order to
automate the process. When the last needed files arrive via LDM, I can
use PQACT actions to trigger our workflow scripts, rather than
depending on a cron job that might be mangled if the model run's late.
For our project, automation and reliable data are both going to be
requirements. I'm sure I can find another way to improve the
automation... this is one of the easier and more reliable methods.

I do appreciate your pointers earlier to the data via NOMADS. We've
been using that on a regular basis since then!

Regards, Gerry
CIMMS/NSSL FRDD