Re: [conduit] NAM and RAP data (for model initiation)

Gerry,
I apologize for my delayed response.
Right now we've got a limit on adding new data to CONDUIT until we upgrade our system here at NCEP. We're in the process of that upgrade right now. I'll submit your request for additional NAM 12km fields to the User Committee meeting on the 17th for consideration after the upgrade. If others in the group would like to see this data, I encourage you to chime in and voice your desire for this as well.

For the RAP, we do have 20km and 40km grids for the CONUS available in CONDUIT. Is there additional RAP data you are interested in?

Becky Cosgrove
NCEP Central Operations

CONDUIT folk

We're working on a project and I'd configured a CONDUIT feed to acquire NAM 218 data. My plan was to kick off processing using a PQACT action when the last of the needed data arrived. Problem: We get the surface fields, which is not sufficient to initialize WRF. Of course, I can go download the data from NCEP (in fact, that's what we're now doing) but I'm wondering: Am I the only one looking for these data? Is there sufficient bandwidth to allow carrying the full NAM 12 km dataset? What's the chances of getting NAM (and, for that matter, RAP) added?

Thanks, Gerry
OU/CIMMS/NSSL