[netCDF #FHN-325826]: netCDF General - science

Hi Kataev,

Sorry, but we haven't built DLL's specifically for DVF-6 Fortran, but maybe the
DLL bult for Intel Fortran will work.  In the compressed tar file you
downloaded from

 ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/win32_f2c.tar.gz

are several files that you will see by uncompressing the file:

 libnetcdf-4.dll
 libnetcdf.a
 libnetcdf.def
 ncdump.exe
 ncgen.exe
 netcdf.h
 netcdf.inc

All the errors you are seeing result from the compiler not being able to find
the "netcdf.inc" file.  You should install that file where the compiler can
find it, and tell the compiler where to look for its include files with the
right compiler option.  I'm not familiar with DVB-6 fortran on Windows, but on
my Unix or Mac-OS-X systems, I install the .inc and .h files in the
/usr/local/include directory, install the libnetcdf.a in the /usr/local/lib
directory, and then compile programs like this:

  f77 -I/usr/local/include simple_xy_wr.f -o simple_xy_wr -L/usr/local/lib
-lnetcdf

On windows you will use different syntax, but you still must specify where to
find the include files and library.

I hope this helps.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FHN-325826