[netCDF #MVE-325018]: reading netcdf file with fortran 77

> Hello unidata people!
>

> The other times you helped me a lot. So I will ask you two more
> questions:
>

> 1----I want to read a variable, for instante: (in fortran 77)
>

> parameter(lon=2,lat=2,theta2,time4)
>
> u(lon,lat,theta,time)
>

> Have I to define the lon,lat,.....first?. But if you don't know the
> dimensions, can you define a maximun value to lon,lat...

Not if you are reading it; the person who write the file has to define lat and
lon.

Take a look at the F77 examples:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

> for example:
>

> parameter(lon=10,lat=10,theta=10,time=10)
>
> u(lon,lat,theta,time)
>

> I tried it but the variable wasn't read correctly
>
> 2----I want to read a variable with 4 dimensions u(x,y,z,t). I have had
> some problems because the 4 dimensions variable is too big.
>
> The program reads the variable fast but I have problems writing
> them.
>
> That I wanted to do is:
>
> Read  for t=1 u(x,y,z)
>
> t=2 u(x,y,z)

> I have read the variable with nf_get_var_real but it reads all the
> variable completely. And I have also tried with nf_get_vara_real but it
> doesn't work.
>
> Do you know if is it possible?

Yes, this is possible, and nf_get_vara_real is what you want to use. Take a
look at this example:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/pres_temp_4D_rd.f

> Thank you very much. You helped me always. You do a great work!!

Thanks!

Keep on netCDFing!

Ed

Ticket ID: MVE-325018