[netCDF #UUG-739716]: Compiling NETCDF-3.6.1 on IBM AIX platform

Hi John,

Sorry, I should have noticed earlier that our version 3.6.2 has a couple of bug
fixes noted in the RELEASE_NOTES as:

                Fixed C++ on AIX platform.

                Fixed 64-bit builds on AIX platform.

So it's possible that getting the latest beta release of netCDF would fix the
problem.

However, it still looks like the error you are seeing has nothing to do with
netCDF:

  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:
  .operator<<(std::_LFS_ON::basic_ostream<char,std::char_traits<char>>&,const
NcValues&)

That error message means it can't find the standard "<<" operator for an output
stream.  Could you please check your C++ installation by trying to compile and
run the following little test program that uses the "<<" operator?

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    std::cout << "Hello\n";
}

That produces the output "Hello" if I put it in a file hello.cxx and compile,
link, and run it:

$ xlC -o hello hello.cxx
$ ./hello
Hello

If that doesn't work with your xlC installation, then it won't work with
building netCDF either.

--Russ

P.S. Sorry this response is delayed, I've been in an all-day workshop for 2
days ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: UUG-739716
Department: Support netCDF