Re: 970402: netcdf for use with explorer3.5 under irix6.2

>To: address@hidden
>From: Stephan Preuss <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 970402: netcdf for use with explorer3.5 under irix6.2

Stephan,

> I've compiled netcdf2.4.3 with switch -n32 enabled (see attachment
> CUSTOMIZE), but I've got some suspicious warnings like:
>
> "ncgen.l", line 1177: warning(1167): pointer points outside of underlying
>           object
>   yycrank+-1,   0,              0,
>          ^
>
> May I ignore them?

Yes, we get the same warnings.  I think these are a symptom of a problem
with the C compiler on IRIX 6.2 being a little too strict, but they
don't seem to cause any problems.  The C statements that cause the
warnings are generated by the IRIX lex tool, so if their compiler issues
warnings about them, they should either fix lex or the compiler.

> My problem is, that I've got only a PowerChallenge (irix64) to compile on
> irix64 even if I supply the switch --target=mips-sgi-irix6.2.

--Russ