Re: 970404: netCDF library

>To: address@hidden
>From: Wen Chen <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF library

Hi,

> What shall I do with INSTALL?
> Actually I got INSTALL* and it looks like is an executable file.
> I tried to run it but It did not execute.  So, would you tell me how
> to install the netCDF library?

The INSTALL file is a document describing how to build and install the
netCDF library on a large number of different systems.  It is not an
executable file.

If you just want a prebuilt version of the library, we have some
available for various systems in various directories below

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/

You can also check the netCDF Frequently Asked Questions list at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html

for information about how to get versions for Windows and Macs that have
been contributed by other users.  For example, a Win32 DLL version is
available from

   ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/Win32DLL/netcdf-3.3a-win32dll.tar.gz

--Russ