Re: 970407: netCDF for CRAY T3E

>To: address@hidden
>From: Matthias Linke <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF for CRAY T3E

Hi Matthias,

> We're running a Cray T3E. Some of our users want to use the
> netCDF-package. In the faq's you list a number of platforms
> netCDF is running on. Since I don't find the CRAY T3E my
> question is:
>
> Is there any release of netCDF for the CRAY T3E? Is there any
> ongoing work to port it?

The current netCDF-2 general release was ported to the T3D using a Cray
"par_io" library that has undergone some changes since the port.

The netCDF-3 pre-release has been ported to the T3D and T3E, but this is
only for the C library.  We haven't tested the Fortran interface port
for the T3E yet.

There's more information available about this from the following URL

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/netcdf/2168

which is a response to a previous question about the T3E version of
netCDF.  You can look up other responses relevant to the T3E by entering
the search string "t3e" to our searchable netCDF support email archive,
accessible near the bottom of the netCDF home page at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

Please let us know if you still have questions about this after reading
the above response.

--Russ