19991207: mmos data problem

Art,

If you have your raw data file which has all the observations in it,
then you might try manually running dcmmos on that file
to see if it repeats the problem you are seeing with your realtime data:
cat 1999120700.mrfmos | dcmmos -v 4 -d - YYMMDDHH_mmos.gem

I ran todays raw file here and have 122 bulletins. I do have some alaskan
stations that aren't in the station table. Plotting sfparm=tmpf
I seem to have good coverage in sfmap.

So I guess if you are missing stations in your decoded file that are
in the raw file, it would help me if you could identify those stations
for me so that I can see if anything has changed in the bulletin structure.

I did patch $GEMPAKHOME/source/bridge/dc/dcgbul.c back in January 22, 1999
(included in the patch 12 distribution) which fixed a problem the gempak
decoders had with some badly formed bulletins- so that would be a timestamp
to check in your gempak distribution.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport