19991207: Compiling Garp

Ka Kit,

You are almost finished here- since Garp is the last program that
gets compiled. The problem here again I beleive your C compiler is pretty old.

In /opt/SUNWspro/ directory you should see your Sun C compiler version
as a directory named: SCx.x.
The current version we support for our software is SC5.0.
It sounds to me like the problem you are having is related to
an SC3.x compiler which doesn't understand the syntax in the
$GARPHOME/init/config.c routine.

In the past, I have helped sites work around this problem with
old compilers by placing the object file config.o for download
On our gbuddy ftp site under:
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/solaris/garp/config.o

You can download that one file into $GARPHOME/init/sol/
and then resume compiling. Hopefully that will solve your problems.

After Garp is built, you should be ready to install the software.

If your compilers are newer than SC3.x then please let me know
since this is not a problem I have run in to with SC4.2 and SC5.0.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support