19991207: mmos data problem

Art,

This sounds like a previous problem with LDM 5.0.5 and earlier
that was fixed long ago- but just in case, please check your
LDM version.

The previous problem was that for PIPE commands that handled small amounts
of data (not surface, upperair etc), basically the PIPE would time out
between messages and close the decoder down- but the LDM would not know
that the PIPE was closed until the next time a write had to take place-
at which point it would fail and start up a new pipe- but having already
lost the bulletin that was trying to be written. Again, this is generally
noticed in the decoders where data is sparse so that the PIPEs would
be scoured by the LDM for other decoders.

Since your FILE action is apparently catching all the data, we should
verify that the above is not the case.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport