19990121: Can't run Gempak

Pete,

The problem may be a shareable library problem. I'm still
presuming that you did not compile GEMPAK on the sparc2, but
rather are running executables that were compiled from
another machine. Let me know on this.

Check your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH envioronmental variable on
the sparc2, and using the list of files from running
"ldd garp" on one of the other machines, check to ensure that
all the shareable libraries listed are in fact on your sparc2.

One other test is to run garp in the debugger, with:
dbx $GEMEXE/garp
(dbx) run

when the execution failes, type:
(dbx) where

Maybe this will help us shed some light on where things are failing.
If the shareable libraries are missing, dbx might fail. Otherwise,
maybe try running "truss garp".

Steve Chiswell