NOAA is looking to hire a Meteorologist Warning Coordination (WCM) at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Aviation Weather Center (AWC). The position is in Kansas City, MO.
The AWC is an international center whose mission is to deliver global operational aviation weather products and services essential to safe and efficient flight, and national economic well-being. The AWC WCM will help evolve integrated impact decision support services that drive the NWS' common operating picture to the Federal Aviation Administration, airlines and General Aviation community.
Meteorologists hired for this position will:
- Serve as Senior Forecaster performing the full range of responsibilities of that position.
- Conduct evaluations of products and services to ensure adherence to establish policy, adequacy, and usefulness.
- Serve as a user representative and collaborates in developing, proposing, and implementing plans to develop, modify, or tailor products and services with the goal of service improvement or increased product usefulness.
- Conduct an ambitious education program to advise on and promote the exercise of appropriate recommended actions for the protection of life and property.
- Lead or participate in the conduct of studies and developmental projects designed to capitalize on or incorporate the benefits of new science, technology and techniques.
The application process is open through June 30, 2017.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the links below. Note that there are two announcements for this position; applicants are allowed to submit applications in both venues.