[UDUNITS #SXC-781088]: install unidata

Zhen,

The Expat package is not installed on your computer and is a prerequisite for
installing the UDUNITS-2 package. See
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits-current/doc/udunits/udunits2.html#Prerequisites>
 for more information.

> Hello,
>
> I am installing unidata package on JANUS of CU. When I configure, I got the
> following error message.
>
> '[zhqu7661@janus-compile2 udunits-2.2.20]$ ./configure
>
> checking for a BSD-compatible install...
> The current directory must be set to the exelis directory.
> Change the default to the exelis directory and re-run
> this script.
> /usr/bin/install -c
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gcc... mpicc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking whether mpicc accepts -g... yes
> checking for mpicc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
> checking dependency style of mpicc... gcc3
> checking whether mpicc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
> checking for bison... bison -y
> checking for flex... flex
> checking lex output file root... lex.yy
> checking lex library... -lfl
> checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... no
> checking whether mpif90 accepts -g... no
> checking for library containing dirname... none required
> checking for library containing log10... -lm
> checking for library containing XML_StopParser... no
> configure: error: cannot find EXPAT function XML_StopParser'
>
> Do you happen to know what could possibly be the cause of this?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: SXC-781088
Department: Support UDUNITS