[UDUNITS #VZX-973749]: Re: dB

David,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm the UDUNITS developer (among other
things) and I've been sick at home since the weekend and it's hard to think.

What you ask is doable and needs to be done. It would require the creation of a
new type of unit that corresponds to a logarithmic unit with no reference
level. It would only be possible to convert values in such a unit to values in
other, unreferenced logarithmic units (e.g.: "dB" to "dN"); consequently, it
could only be used for *changes* in physical quantities. The creation of such a
unit should be straightforward though non-trivial.

I don't suppose you guys have any money? Just kidding. (Not really. :-).

Would you do me a favor and add it to the list of issues on the UDUNITS GitHub
site <https://github.com/Unidata/UDUNITS-2/issues> so I don't forget.